Sunday, August 20, 2017

DAY #12 - On the Road Again!!!

Sunday, August 20th, 2017

I finally left the hotel in Omaha at 6:30 AM. It had rained and was still lightning so I suited up in the rain gear. It took much longer to get loaded up that I had planned. I encountered  moderate rain for first 40-50 miles and the weather cleared up and it was sunny and cool.

Lebanon Checkpoint #2
I got to Lebanon, Kansas around 10:30 AM and gathered the required documentation. I also took off the rain suit since the temperatures had climbed up into the 80's. It was 200 miles of non-interstate highway which bypassed most of Kansas City. The highway followed the Pony Express route.

I arrived at hotel around 8:30 PM and covered 750 miles today. Had dinner at the Cracker Barrel that fortunately next door to the hotel.

Heading out early in the morning since it will be a longer trip that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment