Monday, August 4, 2014

Day 12 - Moving onto Vermont

Monday, August 4th

Today was mostly spent driving across the state of New York. The day started out cool and foggy but cleared up around 9AM. It remained comfortable most of the morning. Shortly before I reached Albany the weather changed while I was having lunch. It was sprinkling today, so I tried on my rain suit for the first time. Since I was prepared, I fully expected to survive a good storm. However as many things have gone for me on this trip when I stopped 30 minutes later there was more perspiration inside the suit than the rain that hit the outside of it. I will most likely need the suit tomorrow since the chance of rain is 60%.

My snazzy Rain Suit

The Vermont scenery is very pretty. Below are a couple of pictures of the Connecticut River valley south of where I am staying in Saint Johnsbury, Vermont. I missed the turnoff for my hotel because the address from Hotels.com took me to a farm outside of town. The town is very quaint but the have some major project that has caused most of the streets to be torn up. I guess they have been installing sewers or something like that.

Connecticut River Valley

Tomorrow I will reach the Third Corner in Madawaska, Maine. It should take about 10 hours if the weather cooperates. Until today, I have had clear skies and no sign of rain but my luck is running out.

No comments:

Post a Comment