Saturday, August 2, 2014

Day 8 and 9 - Taking it easy

Friday, August 1st

This was another low activity day that was planned into the schedule. Spent most of the day taking it easy with our daughter Kristie. We watched the movie "The Other Women" and even though it was a chick-flick I could seriously laugh at many scenes. We picked up the bike at the Harley dealer and had the Service Manager snap a picture of us with a "clean" motorcycle. My gas mileage should improve since they removed 100 pounds of bugs from the front of the bike.

I drove to the Milwaukee area and took some side roads to where we used to live in Muskego. I wanted to avoid all of the construction going on by the zoo which is also compounded by the State Fair going on in the same vicinity.

Had dinner with my granddaughter Angela and her husband Trevor at a restaurant near their apartment. It was a nice visit and the Chicken Dumpling soup was a meal in itself. I had the build your own pasta dinner. I decided as we were leaving to put on the leather jacket since the sky was looking ominous.

I took the bypass around Chicago and ended up in Merrillville, Indiana for the rest of the weekend. I met my brother at Denny's which was between where he lives and a short distance from the hotel where I am staying.

Saturday, August 2nd

Today is the day that drove the entire schedule for this trip. The central point of the trip is the Hobart High School Class of 1969 Class Reunion. It is hard to believe that 45 years have passed since I didn't have to work for a living. I am looking forward to catching up with some of my oldest longest friends including one that I met on the first day after we moved to Hobart.

Later this afternoon I will travel to my niece's house to celebrate birthdays for my brother Bill and sister-in-law Kathy. My nephew Casey and his bride Maxine will be there as well as well along with my grand-nephews Caleb and Rory.

This has been a pleasure to spend time with my family and friends these past few days. Later today, I need to map out the details for the next segment of the trip which takes me through Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and finally to Madawaska, Maine. I hope to make the third corner by Tuesday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment