Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Trip Begins Early

I had a meeting with my client and decided it would be best if I could travel to Chula Vista so that I could complete my project work face-to-face. Since this is 15 minutes from the starting point of the four-corners trip it worked into the plan. I left yesterday morning from the house shortly after 7:30 AM. This was after a rush 3-hour packing job to cover a 3-1/2 week trip. I had to throw in some work clothes so that I would be presentable in front of the client.

I couldn't decide on the type of weather I would encountered so I packed my leather jacket and chaps. This may be a mistake since it takes up 25% of the space in my backpack. So I might ship that home with my dress clothes prior to departure. This meant that my remaining clothes are jammed into the bag. The storage compartments on the bike are full of other things as well. The nice thing about the backpack is that I can lean my shoulders against it and it is comfortable.

The ride to San Diego was uneventful. I stopped in Baker, CA to secure my jacket since the wind was catching it and I didn't want to loose it. I then stopped in Victorville, CA for gas and a 5 minute break to stretch my legs. I got 34 MPG on that first leg and the remainder of the trip might have been better. I pulled into the hotel at 12:30 and took a shower and changed into my Business Casual attire.

I discovered that I failed to pack deodorant so I had to find a drug store immediately. I also discovered that the wind is hazardous to reading glasses in a shirt pocket, so another visit to the drug store to by more. I now have two spares since they came in a pack of three.

I plan on leaving from the first corner around 9-10AM tomorrow morning and get somewhere up in the Big Sur or Monterey area by evening.




No comments:

Post a Comment