Saturday, September 15, 2018

I have to admit - I've been beaten

Day #8 - Heading Home

Because of the problems that the remnants of Hurricane Florence remain in my path to completing the trip. I decided that waiting 1-2 more days would push me beyond the hard and fast completion date where I need to return home.

After a great deal of thought, I have decided to head for home instead and cross Pennsylvania and Ohio before the storm progresses to that area as well. It is dangerous enough riding a motorcycle cross-country. But in inclement weather it can be fatal. I have a wife, children, grandchildren and two great-grandchildren to think about. A simple award is not worth the risk.

Therefore, I am leaving the Hartford, CT area in a few minutes to take the shortest path home which will get me there in 4 days. Today I am heading for Richmond, IN, followed by Tulsa, OK and Albuquerque, NM before the final stretch to home on Tuesday.

I want to thank everyone for their support and encouragement. Please remember those effected by Hurricane Florence in your prayers.

I will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment